Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Eternal Journey Of Being "I'll Start At My Beginning. What Begininning?"

"The room is rubber, but I am sane. The jacket straight, but I am sane. The pills are for them, not me. The chatter makes no sense, but to them, you see. The guards know the truth, but paid well they are. I am sane, in a world gone mad, one and many steps too far. Be clear in your mind and soul of that, keep the crazies at bay. Love's cuckoos fly by, follow them, they know the way." - Kip Baldwin


This is how I've come to view my relationship to what most call civilization. I even cringe at the lie, civilization... really... please show me the evidence... the proof. But, I have the rest of my existence here, to share and try to convince you of the many delusions, that accompany our folly after folly.

I am writing this blog to share with you my path back to knowing, to understanding, to embracing the shadow and banishing the fear, to falling in love with love absolute and to seeing through the veils of separation that have become the prison walls of our self imposed isolation, from the one.

Erik Purdom My Friend, My Salvation:

"On Saturday April 26th 2008 we learned Erik had been diagnosed with Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma, which apparently invaded his system through his appendix."

This would be the news, although I did not know it at the time that would alter my life forever.

Erik passed on August 14, 2008 leaving behind his beautiful soul mate Nancy and there two magical children Lyric and Jager. 

Erik was one of the most fully realized beings I had ever met and had the honor of calling friend and being called friend by. Erik was a genius mad inventor, a dreamer who's feet could not have been more firmly planted on Mother Earth.

This is a Erik story that tells you much of what you need to know about who Erik is. Erik's cancer had spread to all his internal organs causing them to calcify. Erik could no longer eat without becoming deathly ill and Erik loved food. I guess you would probably call him an adventurous eater, as evidenced by his outrageously yummy homemade pickled eggs and mead. So you can only imagine the torture and temptation of freshly baked cookies still warm from the oven, cooling on his kitchen counter. Then without warning and much to his family's chagrin and protestations, Erik promptly tossed one into his ravenous mouth and began to chew... and chew... and chew! Until just before his panicked family thought he would swallow, leaving himself in agonizing pain, he spit it out and announced to all within earshot , "That, that was the best cookie I've ever had".

That was Erik still devouring life, even as this incarnation of his... was coming to and end. 

Even the type of cancer that Erik had was original, his was a form of Signet Ring Cell Carcinoma that began in his appendix, only 70 other folks have reported with being afflicted with the disease. 

I've always told people, 'That if Erik were going to get cancer, of course it would only be fitting, that it would be as original as he.

In my last conversation with Erik before he passed he said(still with an air of levity), "Kip, I am getting the ass kicking of my life."

I want to be sure that I'm clear that this was the last conversation Erik and I had before he moved on. Because, little did I know then, but Erik had some powerful messages for me, along with a very public ass kicking of my own, after he transcended this plane of matter.

To learn more about Erik or his cancer visit: http://erikproject.blogspot.com/ or www.appendix-cancer.com:)

Next: The ending of an ending, the beginning of remembering.











No comments:

Post a Comment